Update: Application period has been extended to July 3, 2017. Award announcements has been delayed to July 16, 2017.
The Arc of Bristol County is pleased to announce New Scholarship Opportunities:
Arc Strong Empowerment Scholarship
This scholarship opportunity is targeted to graduating high school seniors who have demonstrated a commitment to the human services field, through their friendships, mentoring, volunteering and leadership that fosters greater inclusion and acceptance of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The scholarship is intended to empower these individuals to expand their studies, thereby, building their advocacy skills for the future. Scholarships are available to students in Bristol County, MA or Northern RI, who seek studies in the areas of special education, psychology, social work, political science, social justice and/or related fields.
William Jackson Dream Fund Scholarship
Meaningful employment and personal satisfaction is a vital aspect of adult daily life. With that in mind, The Arc of Bristol County would like to support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in expanding their learning and training beyond high school. Scholarships are available to students with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in Bristol County, MA or Northern RI, who wish to advance their careers and independent living dreams.
Important instructions and information for Applicants:
1) Both pages of the application form must be completed. Sign and date the application form where indicated.
2) Applicants can attach up to (1) additional page for Personal Statement.
3) Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, adaptive equipment, books, and/or supplies at a higher learning institution of student’s choice. Scholarship awards will be up to $250.00. Award winners may need to provide tax identification information.
4) Applications should be mailed to: The Arc of Bristol County, Arc Strong Scholarship Committee, 141 Park Street, Attleboro, MA 02703.
5) Applications must be postmarked by April 15, 2017. Email submissions will not be accepted and extensions will not be granted.
6) Awards will be announced at The Arc Strong event on May 7, 2017.