Community Supports Coordinator/RI
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Sociology, or Psychology strongly preferred
• Minimum of two (2) years equivalent work experience directly related to aforementioned duties and responsibilities strongly preferred
• Knowledge of community system serving adults with disabilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (written/verbal) skills as well as the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community; strong documentation skills
• Ability to monitor, assess and record program participants and to develop individual treatment goals and plans
• Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
• Commitment to the principles of participant choice, rights and concepts of normalization
• Ability to manage challenging behavior
The Community Supports Coordinator reports directly to and receives weekly and/or as needed support and supervision from Director of Community and Day Services.
This position includes the following responsibilities.
· Protect the rights and dignities of individuals with developmental disabilities and extend these rights and dignities to family members or guardians.
· Respect and support the privacy and property of all individuals whom services are provided.
· Manage team performance, including developing and implementing daily activities; facilitating communication amongst staff, BHDDH, ORS, individuals with disabilities and their families-guardians; ensuring supported individuals participate in activities of their choice.
· Assist individuals with supported employment including job development, job coaching, and job readiness.
· Supervise a team of direct care staff, including training, scheduling, discipline, and performance reviews; may also require supervision and on-the – job training of participants
· Ensure that all programmatic and employee documentation and forms are complete, accurate, and timely in accordance with agency and regulatory policies and procedures. Record keeping and documentation to include, data collection, quarterly reports, and invoicing.
· Participate in the individuals ISP meetings and team meetings to review team performance, attend meetings and/or other meetings as directed.
· Participate in the on-call system within the organization, and as a backup emergency contact person to the Administrator on Call.
· Serve as backup support staff when staff is unable to work a required shift or a shift is unfilled.
· Represent The Arc of Bristol County, Inc. dba proAbility in the community and attend appropriate workshops, seminars, trainings and including Individual Supports Meetings. Represent The Arc of Bristol County, Inc. dba proAbility, mission and philosophies in a positive and supportive manner within the community and with the individuals and families we support.
· Maintain a positive relationship with the individuals we support, their families/guardians, other businesses, stakeholders, and social service agencies.
· Maintain accuracy and timeliness in the submission of mileage and timesheets on a bi-weekly basis.
· Maintain the timeliness of submission of other documentation as it relates to the individuals benefits, housing, or social security updates and renewals.
· Adhere to Direct Support Professional job duties and Code of Ethics.
· Act as liaison with interdisciplinary teams, BHDDH and other support agencies to ensure adequate and appropriate continuity of care.
· Provide case management to participants receiving Community Supports.
· Participate in long term planning to expand Community Supports and all other programs specific to the agency per supervisor’s request.
· Maintains necessary certifications (CPR, First Aid, Services/Supports, Safety Care, medication/core, etc.) and completes all required trainings in a timely manner in accordance with training requirements.
· Excellent time management skills, the ability to work independently and as a team.
· Networking at various community events sponsored through local area Chambers of Commerce or community events as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to pass criminal background check.
• Minimum of two (2) years experience directly related to working with elderly or disabled adults.