Our goal is to provide a safe, caring environment for adults whose ability to function independently has been compromised by medical, physical, emotional or cognitive health concerns.
We have had over 25 years of experience in providing participants a place to relax and meet new people, explore new activities and rekindle old interests while having access to health and social services, therapeutic activities, transportation and meals.
“We couldn’t hope for anything better. We are very grateful for all the support we receive constantly.” -Family member
Adult Family Care/ Adult Foster Care (AFC) is a MassHealth funded, home setting health care program for residents of Massachusetts.
AFC offers people who need assistance with activities of daily living the opportunity to safely live in a family home.
AFC gives participants the opportunity to live with trained paid caregivers.
Eligible participants must:
- Be eligible for MassHealth
- Be 16 years of age or older
- Be unable to live alone
- Need assistance throughout the task with one or more activities of daily living including bathing/showering, eating, dressing,toileting, mobility or transferring.
Supports & Services
Adult Foster Care / Respite Services
- Allows individuals to stay at home with their families
- MassHealth funded
- Focus on independence
- Support, respite and education to caregivers
Supports and services
- Assists families of individuals with disabilities to stay together
- Collaborates with professionals and local resources for ongoing supports
- Basic assistance with activities of daily living
- Relief and support to caregivers
- Therapeutic Physical, occupational and speech
- Individual and group counseling
- Therapeutic recreation
- Diet specific meals
- Social opportunities