The Arc of Bristol County is pleased to announce new Scholarship opportunities for 2018
Arc Strong Empowerment Scholarship
This scholarship opportunity is targeted to graduating high school seniors who have demonstrated a commitment to the human services field, through their friendships, mentoring, volunteering and leadership that fosters greater inclusion and acceptance of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The scholarship is intended to empower these individuals to expand their studies, thereby, building their advocacy skills for the future. Scholarships are available to students in Bristol County, MA or Northern RI, who seek studies in the areas of special education, psychology, social work, political science, social justice and/or related fields. Arc Strong Scholarship funds may be used for a variety of needs. Scholarship awards may be up to $500.
William Jackson DREAM FUND SCHOLARSHIP
Independent living, personal satisfaction and lifelong growth is a vital aspect of adult daily life. With that in mind, The Arc of Bristol County would like to support individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities by improving their lives through independence, experience or continued education. Scholarships are available to anyone with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities in Bristol County, MA or Northern RI that have a demonstrated, genuine need for new household items, access to the community, travel or education. William wanted his friends to “have”.
Important instructions and information for Applicants:
1) Both pages of the application form must be completed. Sign and date the application form where indicated.
2) Applicants can attach up to (1) additional page for Personal Statement.
3) Arc Strong Scholarship award winners may need to provide tax identification information.
4) Applications should be mailed to: The Arc of Bristol County, Arc Strong Scholarship Committee, 141 Park Street, Attleboro, MA 02703. Applications must be postmarked by June 15, 2018.
5) Email submissions should be sent to: email@example.com with the subject line: Arc Strong Scholarship
6) Awards will be announced at The Arc Strong event on July 15, 2018.
Arc Strong Scholarships 2018 Application Form
Last Name: _____________________ First Name: ___________________ Middle Initial: ___
Residence address: (this must be a street address; NO post office or rural box)
Street: __________________________________________________ Apt (if any) ___________
Telephone number where you can be reached: (_______) ______________________________
Current school information:
Your current year in school: ______________________________________________________
Name of school: _______________________________________________________________
City: ________________________________State: _____________________Zip:____________
References: Please provide two reference names with contact information and relationship
Name Relationship Phone
1. _________________________ ____________________ ________________
2. _________________________ ____________________ ________________
_____Arc Strong Empowerment _____William Jackson Dream Fund
Personal Statement: Please provide a brief statement introducing yourself, why you think you are deserving of scholarship and how you would use the scholarship funds, if awarded. You can attach up to (1) additional page.
Your signature: _______________________________ Date:_________________