Employment Support Specialist Job #1237
General Job Description:
We are seeking a compassionate Employment Support Professional to provide personalized one-on-one care for individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities (IDD) in community settings, with a focus on employment-related pursuits. This role will play a crucial role in helping individuals achieve employment goals, improving independent living skills, nurturing social connections, and participating actively in community activities. Strong time management and communication skills are vital for excelling in this role.
· Provide individualized direct support and care to individuals with IDD in various community settings, with a strong emphasis on employment-related activities.
· Utilize a person-centered approach to assist individuals in setting and attaining their employment and personal objectives. This includes facilitating involvement in employment-related activities, fostering independent living skills, nurturing social connections, and accomplishing other relevant goals.
· Assist individuals in building and maintaining social connections within the employment context, promoting interactions with colleagues, supervisors, and other professionals.
· Establish and maintain regular communication with individuals, their families, and relevant support staff to ensure consistent and high-quality employment-related support.
· Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation of all employment-related services provided in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
· Utilize community mapping to identify and access resources that support individuals' growth and development within the employment realm.
· Offer compassionate care and guidance to individuals with IDD, respecting their individuality while fostering their independence in the workplace.
· Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, allowing you to work autonomously and collaboratively within a team.
· Display the ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks to ensure timely completion of employment-focused responsibilities.
· Successfully complete all training mandated by the program, enhancing your competence in providing specialized employment support.
· Undertake any other employment-focused duties assigned by the Supervisor or Director to meet the specific needs of the program.
· High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or related field/one year experience working with people with disabilities and their families preferred
· At least 18 years of age
· Possession of a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and proof of valid insurance and car registration
· Ability to successfully pass criminal background checks